Cool kids subscribe with email
Now in its 3rd year, the annual Pinball Degenerates Awards aka "The DeGENieS" last night announced the category list for their upcoming awards show, to be held on February 18th, 2024.
The DeGENieS are the brainchild of Joe Ciaravino (founder of the Pinball Degenerates Facebook group) and he takes a slightly different approach from other pinball industry awards shows. The categories (which change yearly) are hand selected by Joe, and he is also solely responsible for reviewing nominations and selecting the winners.
The resulting effort is a light-hearted, wholly entertaining affair for the broader pinball community.
"The whole idea is to encourage people to share all the degenerate cool stuff they're doing in pinball and to thank the community for being so chill, supportive, and inclusive! #PositivityInPinball", said Joe.
This year's award categories include:
- Most Degenerate Pinball Tournament Director
- Most Degenerate Pinball Meme
- Most Degenerate Pinball Victory
- Most Degenerate Pinball Pet
- Most Degenerate Pinball Fail
- Most Degenerate Pinjury
- Most Degenerate Pinball Vehicle
- Norma Jennings Memorial Award for Most Degenerate Pinball Streamer ($100 donation made in winner's name to Cancer research)
- Most Degenerate Pinball Stance
- Most Pinball Degenerate Merchandise
- Most Degenerate Pinball Score
- Most Degenerate Pinball Restoration
- Allen Cihak Memorial Award for Most Degenerate Pinball Operator ($100 donation made in winner's name to Multiple Sclerosis)
- Most Degenerate Pinball Event
- Most Degenerate Pinball Couple
- Most Degenerate Pinball Commentator
- Lyman F. Sheats Memorial award for: Pinball Degenerate of The Year ($100 donation made in winner's name to National Alliance on Mental Illness)
Self-submissions and nominations of candidates from the general public are highly encouraged, and can be made by sharing a post directly in the Pinball Degenerates Facebook group. The show will be live-streamed on Facebook at 12pm ET on February 18th, 2024.